Pages

Monday, February 26, 2007

girl, don't ever set me free

i always wanna be by your side

i love the new desperate houswives trailer on channel 5. the one featuring Van Halen's remix of the kink's 'you really got me now'. sexx.

okie, i today met the most cheapskate, ugly singaporean, must have face relative. thank God he's distant

he had called us all to go to min jiang at one rochester for dinner to celebrate his son's graduation out of secondary school. apparently, his son retained one year after scoring 32 points and got out with 12 points this year. chey, why newpaper never feature him.

so this uncle, books 4 tables at one of singapore's most expensive resturants (think $100 per head for not much) and to that, my dad gladly accepted the invitation. we all dressed up for dinner.

cheapskate incident number 1 valet parking.
my dad could not get a parking space for almost 15 mins so he decided to valet park. when we told him, HE SCOLDED US.
"why must you valet? $20 you know! can buy one more dish here! haiyo haiyo, now i must give face and give you back the money grumble grumble."

me and my mother stood there. WE DIDN'T ASK YOU TO PAY FOR IT UNCLE JOHNNY CHEAPSKATE. my dad was just telling you.

anyway, my dad declined the money politely but ordered 4 glasses of beer and did not drink a sip. they just stood there, fizzing away. well done dad.

cheapskate incident number 2 table settings.
i was lucky enough to sit at the 'kids' table, meaning people under the age of 25. my elder cousin and i were together. and then suddenly, during the midst of our deep conversation, i see this disgusting luring head.

"hello! everyone, if you can, don't the peanuts and use the towels ok! i think they won't charge one. anyway, the towels got like chemicals not good for your face hor!"

...

alright.

cheapskate incident number 3 the finale.
after a dinner of miniscule portions and minute bites, my family wanted to leave.

CHEAPSKATE: oh, going already?
SOBER DAD: Yah, our children all so big, got their own plans.
CHEAPSKATE: where you all off to?
DISGUSTED ME: oh mahjong at a friend's.
OBLIVIOUS BRO: meeting my fiance.
CHEAPSKATE: ah! karen, you graduated already right? and merv, you got fiance! good good, soon you would have to throw two dinners and i can get my money back.

cue awkward silence.

SOBER DAD: ah, we go already johnny.
CHEAPSKATE: ok ok, see you soon! over sharksfin and abalone!
SOBER DAD: (mumbles) over my dead body.

in the car, we all laughed like there was no tomorrow.



my dad is damn happening.